Glen Innes Severn Shire Council has a Development Assessment Unit (DAU) which meets on a weekly basis. The DAU comprises senior Council staff, Planners, Building Surveyors and Engineering staff. The purpose of the DAU is to assist developers and business in preparing development applications and providing preliminary advice on their development so as to assist in the approval process. This makes the approval process quicker and more transparent. Meetings are held every Thursday and appointments maybe made through Council’s Planner, Cameron Amos. at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6730 2360.
Start Up Muster 2015 Report
The latest Start Up Muster Report for 2015 has been released here. This report provides a detailed insight into Australian startups covering age and gender of startup owners; geographic distribution; industry type; reason for pursuing a startup company; accelerator and incubator breakdown; and source of funding.
Making it easier to establish cafes and restaurants
Check out this video with the Minister for Small Business, John Barilaro joining the Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation, Victor Dominello to announce ‘Easy to do Business’; a new initiative designed to make it easier to establish cafes and restaurants in NSW.
Australian Government Innovation Statement
The Australian Government Innovation Statement was released this week.
A number of existing measures will be expanded:
- Establishing Industry Growth Centres
- Reforming Employee Share Schemes
- Tax Cuts to the $5 billion Small Business and Jobs Package
- Delivering the Enterpreneurs’ Programme including the Incubator Support Programme and Innovation Connections Programme.
- Introducing computer coding in the school curriculum
- Establishing a regulatory regime for crowd-sourced equity funding
Fact sheets for all initiatives here